Monday, September 8, 2008

The Native Americans



Today I learned about Native Americans. And I saw how they dressed and killed animals. They killed rabbits for their fur to make clothing. I played with a bow and arrow and shot a wasp. They used the bows and arrows to hunt for animals. We played dress up in Native American clothing. I wore a skirt made of fur and played with dolls. They killed animals to eat their meat and make clothing from their fur. The used the animals' bones as tools too. People from other places came to their country and decided to stay and live there. Native Americans made their homes out of straw grass and weeds, but then learned from the new people how to make them out of wood. The women spent alot of time making baskets. They weaved baskets and then took the fur off coconuts and placed it around the baskets. They used baskets to collect fruit and berries. I had a really good day. And today was my first day of Hip Hop dance. I had a good time and enjoyed my class. :) Hannah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KEEP UP THR GOOD WORK NAY-NAY!

Anonymous said...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK NAY-NAY!