Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"I don't like Tee Tee Nashia!"
















Adria LaToya Cowell...that's what they call her. The middle child of my baby sister. Merely six months older than Sarah, but VERY different.

Well she has been with the TLH Huffs for the past few weeks so that Toya can get some rest with her new baby (DJ). Adria has spent some time with us on more than one occasion. And each time I swear it is the last. Yet, somehow I forget that. I think, "she's older now...more mature...it's will be different...better!"

Maybe NOT!














Don't get me wrong. We love her to death and treat her like she is one of the TLH Huffs. Yet, she constantly reminds us that she is not. "My momma is Toya and my daddy is AJ!" She is very strong willed and wants what she wants when she wants it. When she gets angry she has the horrible habit of screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs. So who does it now too....yes, my Sarah.




But this takes the cake....yesterday the girls and I met Leonard for lunch at Pizza Hut after a morning at the Jr. Museum. The place is busy because it's lunch time. Adria decides that she wants to pout and at the top of her lungs yell, "I don't like you" to me! "I don't like Tee Tee Nashia!"
Every head turns and everyone is watching and waiting to see my response. What to do?
Inhale...1.2.3...exhale...1.2.3. Thank the Lord, Leonard was there. He promptly handled the situation.
I can laugh about it now. I even took the time to snap a pic of her. She continues to remind me that she doesn't like me. Oh, well. I'm not her friend....I'm her Tee Tee Nashia!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope Sarah's imitation of her leaves when she does! :-0

Alicia

Maria Geraci said...

Tee Tee Nashia. Can I start calling you that??

Genny said...

LOVE It! I hope your sister doesn't mind that you blogged about her daughter! Hey, I'm impressed that you sound sweet even when telling the world how much you are upset about her! I agree with the earlier post..hope the attitude leaves with her! Sarah knows who her mama is!